Sunday, August 1, 2010

Church Carnival


I'm a sucker for carnivals - no matter how big or small!  I don't always love the crowds and I certainly am careful about the rides I will get on but I love the atmosphere.  The food, fun and games.  Thankfully, Mark is gracious enough to go with me on these excursions.  This past week the church where I work was hosting a carnival so we all checked it out.

We went on a little train ride and Caroline tasted her first sno cone.  I think she was a little frightened by the train experience.  Look at how tightly she is clinging on to Mark!

We sat down for a few minutes to enjoy a hot dog and these little munchkins were checking each other out.  I love watching kids interact!

Of course, we had to check out the jump houses.  I was the only adult there who got in and made a fool of themselves!  It looks so fun I can never resist!  Getting in never seems to be a problem...but getting out is always a challenge.  I'm sure that I embarrass Mark with my silliness!


Mark and I laughed the most at the "Duck Pond."  We put Caroline down and encouraged her to pick up a duck.

but look at the poor girls feet.  She hates standing in grass.  She kept lifting up one leg and then she would set it down and lift up her other leg.  She looked like a boy dog trying to go to the bathroom!!  We thought it was so funny that we made her do it two different times! 


I don't think she thought it was funny!

There are two pieces of good news.  One is that she finally got a duck!  Two is that we bought her some new shoes.  She went shoeless to the carnival because her old shoes were getting too tight.  We justified her shoelessness because she's not walking yet anyway.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun at the carnival. Caroline looks adorable in her little green dress! I'm glad you bought her some new shoes; she has a pitiful look on her face standing in the grass. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark and Nicole, your daughter is unbelievably precious and I always find myself smiling while reading about your adventures! What a special family you are!

    ReplyDelete