Saturday, August 22, 2009

Time Management

Since we have made it through the past four weeks of family I am just now getting to think about what it's like having a newborn. In many ways I am glad the craziness of family is over but now that they are gone I have a whole new world with which to orient myself! Below are my two biggest struggles at the moment....

People tell you that you should sleep when the baby sleeps. I love this idea. However, housework does not get done when I put this idea into practice. Do I sleep or work or blog or play?

Also, breast feeding is a lot harder than people tell you. Breastfeeding itself is not actually hard but the amount of time that it takes is very hard. We had been doing 1-2 bottles a day which I loved but I think my supply was beginning to decrease so I have been breastfeeding exclusively for about 5 days now. Things seem to be much better now but it just takes so much time. It's hard to leave the house for any amount of time. I can't quite get excited about breast feeding in public yet...not sure that will ever be exciting...

Any words of wisdom for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment