Sunday, October 30, 2011

Busy Weekend





We had a very busy weekend.  Friday I got to come home early from work.  Caroline helped Daddy rake some leaves and then Mark and I headed out on a date.

 



Saturday morning was our churchs Mini Great Day of Service.  Our Sunday School class packed boxes to send to the troops overseas.  Afterwards we went to lunch together and then off to the Habitat for Humanity homes dedication.  Ashley got to present the keys to the home owners!


 



We got home late in the afternoon and Caroline decided she was not napping.  I had a big afternoon planned for us anyway.  It turned out (as it sometimes does) that my plans may have been better for a 5 year old than a 2 year old (although a nap would have helped).

We baked some sugar cookies with our new Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and a pumpkin cutter too.  The cookie baking went so well that we decided to forgo the icing.  :-) 



We then carved out the pumpkin.  I thought Caroline would enjoy the process but she put one hand in to pull out the guts and promptly said, "Dirty. Wash hands.  Wipe."  

 


I tried to encourage her by showing her how it was done but she would have none of it.

 


At least she was willing to pose with the smiley face pumpkin.


Sunday morning Mark (and I) woke up at the crack of dawn so that Mark could run in the Atlanta Marathon Relay.  A friend asked him to replace her because she was injured.  He was glad to jump in and had a really great time.  Of course, after waking up so early Libby would choose to sleep 9.5 hours until I woke her at 7:30 AM to eat!  Maybe the long sleep will happen again soon!  After Sunday School I brought the girls home and started a little sewing project.  I had decided before Disney that Caroline should be Minnie for Halloween since we would already have the skirt.  I failed to think through the rest of the costume and later realized that the shirt was the toughest part.  Mark watched the girls (and made the pretty yellow shoes) while I whipped up the Minnie shirt.  It's certainly not the prettiest thing up close but I'm pretty proud of all that I accomplished with one hour!  :-) 

Minnie and Mickey looked so sweet together at William's 3rd Annual Halloween party!

 


Caroline had a great time playing games and eating lots of goodies.

 


Libby also had a good time.  It's so funny but there are certain days/times that I remember exactly what Caroline was wearing when she was the same age as Libby.  Of course, Halloween is an easy one to remember and compare pictures.  Libby is on the left and Caroline is on the right.  I think they look kind of similar with their little cheeks.  Their coloring is very different though.  I will have to get a full head shot of each soon. 
 




Noelle is the sweetest friend and she cracks me up with her silliness!  She dressed up like Cinderella and all the little girls were in love!  We could've just brought Caroline to see Noelle instead of traveling all the way down to Orlando for the princesses!

 

Noelle also spent some time loving on little Libby.  Notice how William climbed on top of the couch to get a closer look!  :-)



We had one wild weekend which has left me feeling both worn out and full of joy.  There is always a long list of household projects to work on and Mark and I have committed to talking more about our priorities this week.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment