Thursday, October 13, 2011

Growing Up

I was talking to Mark the other day about our girls hair.  It's so funny to me that they both have such distinct (and yet unique to them) hair.  When we are out and about the first thing people comment on is their hair.  Of course, it's the "beautiful curls" with Caroline and the "where did she get that red hair?"  with Libby.  I really don't have much to say to folks but it's a reminder that they were fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God - who is quite creative!  I truly love the comments.

However, these comments serve as a sweet reminder that we hope to be growing these girls up to receive other comments as well.  She is one smart cookie.  She has such a sweet, giving heart.  She is so loving and gracious.  She really loves Jesus.  Last night Mark and I had the opportunity to attend a seminar on how to share your faith with a toddler.  We both really enjoyed it and were encouraged and challenged by the leader.  I hope that we will be able to put some of the ideas into practice in our home.  We have already put one into practice...


Luke 10:27 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength..."  While working on loving God we may work on loving ourselves a little less --- all the smudges are from Caroline kissing herself every night!  :-)

While we are thinking about our girls growing up I have also been challenged that I need to be growing.  I need to be living the life that God desires before I can really share that with them!  I have been a little down lately wishing that I had some wise, older woman to share her faith with me and encourage me on my journey.  Being part of such a large church has its joys and challenges.  I miss being able to interact with older women and seeing their faith.  I want to know the women whose Bibles are written in and falling apart from use.  I want to know the women who have raised children who love the Lord.  However, I know that I can't depend on others to be growing and challenging me.  I have to seek the Lord first and be diligent in prayer.  I have committed to doing this for myself first, for my marriage and for my girls (and I will be praying for a wise, old women)!  Growing up is hard to do!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment