Thursday, June 27, 2013

Little swimmer

We have a little swimmer!  Caroline has loved being in the water for the past two summers but has never been a fan of getting her face wet....which is kind of a problem if you are ever going to be a swimmer.  We heard about this lady who lives in Canton, GA, 45 minutes north of here that could teach the kids to swim in 1 week (3, 45 minute lessons).  Sign me up...literally...because of Caroline's age a parent had to take the class with her.  We missed the first day because of rain.  :-(  The first 15 minutes of the second day of class was a true nightmare.  Caroline was screaming and hysterical, kicking, fighting and crying for 15 minutes.  I would tell give her lots of positive encouragement and then count to 3 and put her under.  At one point I said "Remember your Bible verse, 'I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.'"  She flexed her arm when I said it so I knew she was still hanging with me through her tears.  It was just a couple of minutes later that it was like a magic switch.  All of a sudden there was a sparkle in her eye that said "I just swam under water and it wasn't that bad."  Then she couldn't stop.  She kept asking me, "Can I go under water again?"  Now she's a little fish and loves it!!  She is so proud of herself and keeps asking me the funniest things..."Mom was that super good?!"  YES!  We are so proud of her!!



No comments:

Post a Comment