Sunday, February 23, 2014

Christmas!

Per the norm, I'm running behind so I'll catch up in pictures.

We had an unseasonably warm day in December so the girls put on their swimsuits or took off their clothes and ran through the sprinklers with the neighbors.  I love this picture with Christmas lights in the background!



We got to do our fair share of Christmas celebrating.  I took the girls to the Christmas concert at church!  It was fabulous and the girls really enjoyed it - this picture was during a short break. :-)


I also took the girls to the "Happy Birthday Jesus" party that the preschool hosts.  The girls enjoyed doing some crafts and eating some goodies.


Caroline also participated in the Christmas program for the preschool.  I had no idea what a "big deal" it was but next year we'll be calling in the grandparents.  They were adorable!


I love watching the girls play together.  They are such good friends - most of the time.  This kitchen wins the prize as the best toy ever.  No Christmas presents are needed after that gift.

Caroline's preschool has a "cooking class" once and month and during December they did gingerbread houses.


Libby petting the goat at the Live Nativity.


Caroline set up the nativity at home.  I love that she included lots of her little people - reminds me that we are "all at ground level at the foot of the cross."


Shopping and wrapping were quite an adventure this year!  Since we had just gotten our 2 new foster kids, we were super behind with preparations.  However, it all worked out - just a day or two before Christmas!  Super thankful for a husband who is willing to sit and wrap with me!


The girls got some unexpected presents from Grandma and Papa.  They were belated birthday presents and were well loved.




I love dressing the girls the same - I've never really gone overboard with this idea.  However, I'm already getting a little sad because I don't think I'll have much longer and they will be over it. :-)

Matching Christmas pj's may last for a long time though!


Christmas cookies with daddy!


Gigi and Granddude stayed at our house for Christmas this year!  It was such a blessing!!  We ended up really having our hands full over Christmas break.  In foster care training, they told us the first month is the honeymoon (not sure I would call it that exactly) and then it ends!  Boy did the honeymoon end.  Christmas day and the day after were probably 2 of the longest days in my home ever.  We were so thankful for their positive attitude through it all and their helping hands!!

One of the girls very favorite Christmas presents!  A singing princess castle!  They both love to sing and dance so it was perfect!

Love the back of Caroline.


Table full of family and love!


No comments:

Post a Comment