Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ice Storm #1

Craziest ice storm ever - I had a meeting scheduled at church at 11:30.  Ladies come in from outside talking about the flurries coming down.  We meet for 30 minutes and one of the pastors came in to tell us the church is closing due to weather.  We all decide to meet for 20 more minutes and then head out.  Mark had already planned on picking the girls up that day because I was going to work a full day.  By the time he gets to the church around 12:30, he says the roads are bad and that I need to hop in.  We head for home which normally takes 20 minutes tops.  3 hours later we finally pulled into the driveway.  I was soooo thankful that Mark was home and that we had the girls and the foster kiddos with us.  I could never have imagined that it would happen so quickly and that our 3 hour drive would be nothing compared to the 16 hour or more drives of many around Atlanta!





We all watched in shock as it changed our little home.


Libby was not so fond of all the white stuff. 


Caroline was our little snow angel though!  She loved it!



She did a million snow angels in the yard!



The next day Libby was a little more willing to participate.  


We had an awesome time sledding down our neighbors front yard.  


I saw someone else on facebook using a laundry basket and it worked awesome!  Good to know for us southerners! 


The snow days allowed for lots of dress up, play and color time.  I'll admit the days at home were not nearly as stressful as I thought they would be!


No comments:

Post a Comment