Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Old thoughts

I have another blog that I very rarely write on (I'm trying to get back in the habit). Only Mark is allowed to read it though because it serves as a journal for me. :-) However, I wrote in it a few times before I had this blog. As I was reading through some of the old posts on that blog this morning I found a couple from when we found out we were having a baby. It's pretty fun to go back and read them. Hope you enjoy!

Confidence Psalm 27:13 "I am still confident of this, I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."I have a big appointment tomorrow and Mark keeps reminding me to have faith. I am repeating this verse, knowing that God has good in store for us, in His timing! :-)
Sunday, November 23

Prego! I took a pregnancy test on Friday and it was positive! Mark and I have been "trying" for a few months now and are really excited about a little baby joining our family! It's a strange thing to think there is a little baby with a heartbeat! living inside me right now. Of course, it's very little, the nurse called it a piece of rice! I have not really wanted to believe that I was pregnant because it is scary to get excited about something that may not last (my, that sounds terrible negative). I was so anxious and excited about going to the doctor today (Tuesday). The doctor says that everything seems fine at this point. I'm only 5 weeks and 5 days along. He seemed very positive but he was also careful to point out that miscarriages do occur. I have not really been that worried about having a miscarriage, just more about having the doctor confirm the pregnancy (which is silly because they did a pee test just like I did at home---who knew!??!). However, now I'm thinking about a miscarriage. It seems there will always be something that I could be worried about! I know that I should not worry. God tells us not to worry. He cares for the birds of the air, how much more will he care for me! I need to not be worried and instead be HOPEFUL! Hope is a crazy thing! I once read that HOPE is expecting God to bring good in your life. My hope is that God will continue to watch over this little life growing inside of me! As I trust in God, I know that He will fill me with His HOPE. Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Posted by Nicole at 6:38 PM 0 comments Monday, November 24, 2008


Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!
Yipee! It's finally Thanksgiving morning. I have been looking forward to this day since last Friday when we found out were were having a little baby! We get to share with my madre and Vernon today that we are pregnant! Mark made this really fun little video to tell them about our good news! I feel very excited about this.

This morning as I was reading about being thankful I read this verse...Colossians 3:15 says, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Since I have been contemplating thankfulness this week, it has continually struck me that the more I give thanks, the more peace I will have in my heart. This makes total sense. My devotion even says that as I give thanks it will be like scales falling off my eyes (reference to Saul's conversion). The more I give thanks, the more goodness of the Lord that I can see and the more peace I will have in my life. I think this means giving thanks even for things in our life that seem pretty stinky. Speaking of stinky...yesterday on the way to work I was not feeling good! I stopped at a Chick-fil-a and used their restroom. First I had problems coming out one end and then after that was over I had problems coming out the other end! YUCK! However, I can honestly say that after I got in the car I gave God thanks for not letting it come out both ways at the same time! Now if I could just apply this thankfulness in the rest of my life...
Posted by Nicole at 9:47 AM 0 comments
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment