Saturday, January 2, 2010

Parenting

There are so many unknowns being a parent. I continually catch myself saying things like...

I don't want to be a parent who lets their kid eat whatever they want (or allows them to not eat what they should).

I don't want to be the parent who has a one year who can't sleep through the night and needs to be rocked back to sleep.

I don't want to be the parent who's child can't live without the pacifier.

The list goes on and on. There are so many things that I think but the reality is I don't know how to control all of those things and I'm not really in control anyway. In some areas I hope that I will relax and let go and in other areas I hope I am able to stand firm. Either way it's funny at this point to hear myself making such strong statements. There will be many interesting days ahead for both Caroline and us as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment