Saturday, March 20, 2010

Picnic in the Park

Today was a great day! I don't think the day could have been bad with all the sunshine! My goals for the day consisted of resting and playing and more resting and playing. Mission accomplished! We walked about a mile and a half or so to a park down the street from us that we had never visited. There were several baseball fields, some picnic tables and a little play ground.


We spend the first bit of time watching some 10 year old boys play baseball. At first it was entertaining but it left me a little frightened for what might be in store for us. The coaches and kids were so serious! One little boy let a ball get past him and proceeded to cry! Eeks! If the boys didn't get a hit, they would toss their hats down on the ground. I played A LOT of sports growing up and I don't ever remember the coaches or parents being so serious. I even asked one of the parents what kind of league we were watching...just a rec league! I'm not sure if I'm ready for the days ahead. I can't imagine watching Caroline get so frustrated. I realize that part of playing sports is losing and learning lessons but I hope it can be done with a better attitude.


After we watched baseball, we had a little picnic.


Then we headed over to the play ground and Caroline had her first time in the swing.



I think she liked it!


We took a ton of pictures today!! These are just a few of my favorites...




Caroline sure loves her Dad!






Two little notes about Caroline these days...She has started "talking." She used to just do happy screeches but she is now making "dada", "baba" and even a couple "mama" sounds. She also has started giggling more frequently. She has even made up a little game that makes her giggle. She sticks her hand up to our mouth and Mark or I will bite it. She then giggles and pulls it away really fast. Repeat...hand in our mouth, bite, pull away and giggle. It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment