Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weekend Mishaps

A random post about our weekend so far and a few little mishaps/miscommunications that Mark and I have had recently. Thankfully we are still smiling.


Yesterday our neighbors Sharry and Sarah came over to visit. They wanted to see my new sewing machine. I had been working on making some pajamas for Caroline. Of course, we started talking about clothes and Mark jumped in on the conversation. Every month we have a little discussion about how much money should be in our budget for clothing. Every month I have to explain the importance of having a clothing budget and every month Mark says that he doesn't understand. We ended up sharing some of our different ideas about a clothing budget with Sharry and Sarah. Thankfully, they agreed with me!


Our conversation left me feeling kind of guilty, sad, frustrated or something. However, I felt a little better when I came home today and saw this ensemble that Mark had put together for Caroline.




I think you can see from the picture below that Mark puts a lot of thought into fashion! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with her in it! Mark said, "Flowers and flowers. It matches!" I'm not sure the picture does the fashion faux pas justice. :-)


Another funny little tid bit from the weekend. Friday night we started watching "Julie and Julia." It took me awhile to get used to Julia's voice but the movie is adorable and we both were enjoying it. However, as is now the new norm, we didn't finish the movie Friday night because we were too tired. Saturday morning we popped the movie in and continued watching, but then Noelle came to pick me up. I am thankful that Mark was able to stay home and watch Caroline while I enjoyed some time out. When I got back home, I excitedly said, "Let's finish our movie." to which Mark replied, "I already mailed it back." For some reason, I was just so flustered by this. Not mad, just confused. I still cannot understand why he would return a movie that we had not finished watching, especially since we were both enjoying it (or so I thought)! Mark assured me he thought the movie was over. It's really not a big deal at all because we can just get it again with Netflix. It just kind of exemplified our communicaiton latley. We also started a load of dishes without soap today and washed the same load of clothes twice. Just funny miscommunications that have happened throughout the weekend.


I said earlier that we are still smiling and with good reason. Caroline is full of smiles and surprises. Our last weekend mishap occurred as Mark was putting Caroline in the bathtub. Do you see all the wet spots on his pants?


Those aren't water spots from all of her kicking and splashing. Just a little pee that she wanted to share. :-) Mark says that he now feels like an official Dad since he has been peed on.


Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful. We are looking forward to a picnic in the park and some sweet time together (mishap free)!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it took that long for him to get peed on, but this is coming from a mother of a little boy. Our pee adventures started much earlier :).

    ReplyDelete