Monday, March 15, 2010

Pizza Anyone?

or "Just A Few More Minutes!"

It's Monday night and Mark is home - a rarity these days! I got a little industrious this afternoon and decided to make homemade pizza for dinner. I made the homemade dough and rolled it all out. Mark and I both decorated a side of the pizza and I put it in the oven. I checked on it 15 minutes later and it wasn't done. I set the timer for 10 more minutes and it still was not done. I checked on it 5 minutes later and it was then that Mark thoughtfully mentioned that the oven may not be on! Upon realizing my mistake, I jumped up and down and laughingly said "doo-doo" a few times (except the one that starts with a c) and then I saw a wide eyed Caroline staring right at me! Oops! Good thing she doesn't talk just yet. Well, I was certain I had turned it on. Unfortunately, I had turned on the lower oven and put the pizza in the top oven. I'm thankful for the two ovens but apparently wasn't using my brain as I cooked tonight!

Can you tell which slice is mine and which is Mark's?






In other news, Caroline has been battling a cold for a few weeks. Last Monday Mark politley asked that I take her to the doctor while he was out of town. In all honesty I did not think she was that sick and I was SUPER busy last week. Of course, he came home and she still had a runny nose and a cough. So last night, Mark had a minor breakdown. He said he felt like a terrible Dad because she was always sick. He thought we weren't taking good enough care of her, etc. etc. I was a little caught off guard because I hadn't been feeling like a bad Mom... Needless to say, he demanded that we take her to the doctor today and I obliged. In the end Mark was right and I'm glad that we took her. The doctor said that because the cold had lasted for so long it was not a virus and was more likely a bacteria. He gave us some of the hot pink bubble gum goodness and we are hoping that she is on the mend. What a good Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment