Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas!

We spent Christmas in Augusta this year.  For the past couple of years, we keep saying that Christmas is eventually going to end up in our home with our little family but I still just love going "home" to Augusta and thankfully the girls are still young enough not to care.  Mom and Vern and the greatest hosts - making sure that we are all comfortable, happy and well fed!  Mom cooked and cooked and cooked and then served everything on her beautiful Willow House stuff.  I feel like I live in a magazine when we go home!  We really didn't do much while we were home.  There was a lot of relaxing and playing with the girls.  Here are some pictures to document our time...
I promise I wasn't reading the book upside down.  Mark thought it would be funny for the picture.  : )

One of the traditions that I have started for our family is new pjs on Christmas eve.  This year I was in a bit of a rush but I found Caroline and myself matching pj's and I couldn't resist!


The pj's didn't last through the night though and Caroline ended up matching Grinny in polka dots on Christmas morning!

The girls got all kinds of fun toys for Christmas!  The "tricycle's" were a favorite.  Of course, Kelsey is the sweet dare devil!


Then there is just sweet.

Caroline spent some time pushing Kelsey around on the tricycle...


and in the second favorite Christmas present...the baby doll stroller.



After hearing reports and seeing pictures of beautiful snow in Atlanta, we finally got some in Augusta too.


Vern, got lots of camera goodies for Christmas and we tried taking a girls picture.  Unfortunately, we needed a bigger back drop and to work on the shadows a bit.  The one below is still my favorite.  Everyone's got a smile!

We had a wonderful time in Augusta celebrating Christmas!  Thank you to Mom and Vern for hosting all of us!  The past couple of days at home have been great too!  I'm especially thankful for some quiet time with not much work for Mark and me both!  Here's to preparing for a new year and lots of changes in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment