Saturday, January 8, 2011

Old news....

but still oh so exciting...we are having another baby!  Of course, everyone who reads this blog already new of the good news.  Mark and I told family and friends weeks ago but I just have yet to make it "official" on the blog.  We've been busy with the holidays and then things slowed down a lot and I have just been too lazy to write anything.

The good news is that after Christmas we went to the doctor for a check up.  I was 10 weeks along at that point.  The doctor tried to listen for the heart beat but couldn't hear it quite yet with the little machine they normally use so he sent us for a sonogram!  We were thrilled to say the least!  I thought the little babe was still a bean but nope there was a little head, arms and legs.  Mark said, "You must not have been reading your pregnancy books!"  Sad but true.  The heart beat was also 175.  I have told a few folks but at the beginning of the pregnancy I felt a little more worried this time than I was with Caroline.  When I was pregnant with Caroline there was just lots of excitement and "baby" was all I could think.  Now that I know and understand the depth of love that I have for Caroline, the feelings are much different.  I understand what a miracle a baby really is and all of the things that could go wrong or right.  Thankfully, the feelings of worry have disappeared.  The good news is that we seem to be pregnant with a healthy little baby.

The bad news is that I have been feeling very yucky, almost all the time but especially at night.  I was not sick at all with Caroline.  Well, only twice after eating a banana and the night time was a little bit harder with her too.  However, my body is just having a hard time with this little one.  I have been sick and gagging and nauseous and tired and weak and just about all of it.  One silly example for those that know me well...today was chilly but sunny outside.  We had the opportunity to walk up the street and get our veggie basket from our neighbor.  I turned down a walk outside because I was not feeling well.  That NEVER happens!  I LOVE to be outside anytime the sun is out!  I really do hate to complain because I hear this is normal but since I didn't experience it with Caroline I was just caught off guard. 

Mark has been a saint through it all.  I know people talk about their husbands being great all the time and I'm not saying Mark is better.  I'm just saying, that I'm not just saying it to say it.  He really has been amazing.  He has done and is still doing almost everything for me at home.  I try to cook occassionally because it makes me feel like I'm doing my wifely/motherly duty but other than that Mark has been doing it all.  He cleans, washes dishes, does laundry, bathes Caroline, puts her to bed, everything!  He then cares for me by getting me food, medicine, rubbing my back, getting me drinks, etc.  He does all the hard work and then lets me "help out."  For example, in the mornings he gets Caroline up, changes her diaper and brings her to me with a book so that I can sit in bed with her and read while I'm still waking up.   It's really ridiculous and wonderful at the same time.  I really don't know how I would do all of this by myself.  He's just great.

All of this to say, we are very excited about adding another little one to our family!  Through all of the yuck it's been wonderful to see Mark being such a sweet dad and husband.  Caroline is still a little dream girl, although she has been working on our patience a little.  :-)  I'm sure the next will be a blessing too!

One more thought...Mark has suggested that we not find out the sex.  I'm not against the idea, in the past I just never thought I would be able to do it.  Any thoughts?

Here's to the end of the first trimester...only a week or so left!

No comments:

Post a Comment