Sunday, June 12, 2011

Last Week

There has not been a whole lot going on around here.  We did a little bit of traveling and were pretty busy in April and May but things have slowed down.  We have the major home projects complete, although there is still a little nesting to be done here and there.  We are now home bound until baby Taylor makes his or her big arrival.  I will admit that I have been feeling a little anxious about this time.  Not anxious about the baby...just wanting some "fun" things to look forward to and like I said our calendar is pretty empty for the next 7 weeks!  I know after the baby comes our calendar will continue to look a little empty for awhile too.  I think that is adding to the anxiety!    

Here are a few pictures to document the last week.  The funny thing is that I don't have a picture to document one of the most exciting events.  Mom (and later Vern) came into town to watch Kelsey while Brad and Lindsay went on vacation to Mexico!  We spent every morning and evening together - playing, going to music class, swimming and more.  I'm always so thankful for time with my family.

We visited with some friends the other day and Caroline had the opportunity to hold baby Bear!  Ki has been so sweet with Caroline.  She taught/allowed Caroline to wrestle a pacifier into Bear's mouth.  She showed her how to burp him and rub him on the head and she was never fazed when Caroline was a bit too rough.  She's been a great teacher and it's been fun to see Caroline enjoying time with a baby.  I don't think Caroline was too sure of the "holding" thing but after Bear was moved, she asked for "more."  I'm hoping this means there will be lots of love to come for the little baby brother/sister!


Saturday night we went out to dinner with Mom, Vern and Kelsey.  Although the weather has been burning up, we ate outside on a covered patio and it was lovely!  The food and company were great and we were thankful for some more sweet family time.


This afternoon Mark and I were called in as replacement babysitters.  Mom and Vern had to get back to Augusta and Lindsay and Brad's flights were delayed.  We thought about going swimming, until an afternoon shower hit.  The girls had fun anyways...wearing their tutus and watching the rain come down.


Lindsay and Brad arrived home safely and brought the girls the best presents!  They each got a colorful bracelet and a maraca.  I know it's silly but it warmed my heart that they thought of Caroline and that the presents were so appropriate!  Those girls love to dress up and make some noise!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you guys are only 7 weeks out!! Love the picture of Caroline and Bear - so cute!

    ReplyDelete