Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Getting ready...

The past few weeks have gone much more quickly than I had imagined they would.  I can't believe that we have 3 weeks (or less) until we have a new little one joining our family.  In some ways, I feel as prepared as I can be.  I don't really feel stressed about having or not having anything in particular.  I don't feel nearly as "nervous" about all the baby stuff as I did with Caroline. 

There is one new thought has crossed my mind recently that I feel a little sad about.  When I first became pregnant, I remember my friend Sarah asking me if I felt sad that I would miss out on time with Caroline.  I immediately thought, no way.  I think having a brother or sister will be good for her.  She will learn to share and love and it will just add to the joy in our home.  I still firmly believe all of those things.  However, over the past nine months Caroline has changed.  She is no longer the little girl who could barely walk or talk.  I can easily understand her thoughts and feelings now.  I can have conversations with her.  I do feel a little sad knowing that our time together will be different.  She will no longer have my undivided attention.  Of course, there are millions of brothers and sisters in the world and we will adjust and manage just like everyone else.  I am just trying to make the most of these days with her!  Mark and I have already promised each other, swapping some one on one time with the new baby and with Caroline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment