Sunday, July 24, 2011

Waiting Patiently

We are still waiting on baby Taylor to arrive.  My due date is July 28 and it's only the 24th so I shouldn't be surprised.  Of course, I had talked myself into believing that this little one would come at least 8 days early like Caroline.  :-)  I will also add that this part of the pregnancy has been much different than with Caroline!  This past Sunday night, the 17th, I started having contractions pretty close together.  They were not painful but they were pretty consistent contractions none the less.  This has happened no less than 3 other times this past week but there is still no muchkin!  In all my excitement last Sunday, I called Mom and asked her to come on up to Atlanta a bit early.  She had been planning to come this week since Mark was supposed to be out of town for a couple of days.  I've been so thankful to have her here!!  She has been such a big help with Caroline and it's a joy to have someone to share in the waiting.  In all of our waiting we've had a little fun...

Caroline and Gigi shared some secrets...


and some giggles. 


Mark finished up the very, very last of the to do list,


Mom did some sewing for us (she is a busy bee with her sewing powers),


and we had a little pool party for Gigi's birthday. 


Notice the pretty puddle underneath Mark.  Thanks to a sweet Daddy loving on his little girl, he looked like he had a little accident himself.  :-)


After a good 5 day of anxious frustration, I have finally settled down.  I'm no longer timing the contractions.  I'm sure I will know when I'm in labor when the pain sets in.  :-)  Here's to another few days of fun with the family before we add to the joy and chaos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment