Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th Weekend

We had another fun family weekend!  Saturday morning we woke up and made our way to Gainesville to visit some friends who just moved there.  We had a great time playing and swimming together.





I was very proud of Caroline (and thankful for Aunt Lindsay) for going down this huge water slide at the pool!


Sunday morning we were bad and skipped church!  We don't miss often and now that I think about it, it's kind of ironic. In small group the other night we were talking about going to church when you are out of town.  Honestly, our church cancelled Sunday School and all services, but one, and I thought to myself, "If they think everyone will be out for the holiday, then we might as well stay 'home.'"  Terrible logic but that's what I thought! 

So we went to Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta.  Sometimes it's funny to me that I have lived in Atlanta for so many years - my time in college and my time in Marietta seem like different lives.  Driving around downtown reminds me of my time in college.  We had a great time at the park - walking around looking at all the dogs, ducks, geese, squirrels that were out.  We did a little swinging and played on the playground.  Caroline was tuckered out by the time we headed home!


Monday morning we went to the 4th of July parade in downtown Marietta.  Everything worked out perfectly.  We got a good parking spot, sat in the shade and enjoyed all the people watching.  Everytime there would be a short break in the parade, Caroline would say, "more, more."  I will be one sad mama when she stops saying, "more."  She says it at the most precious times.  Today, Reagan came over today to play and they were chasing each other around the house.  Reagan would stop for a moment to play with something else and Caroline would say, "more! MORE!"

We had a quiet afternoon at home and then went over to the neighbors house for dinner.  We planned on doing some fireworks but the rain got in the way of that plan.  It was a sweet weekend!  I'm not preparing for Caroline to spend some time with Gigi and Grandude so that I can get some last minute stuff done around the house!  3 more weeks until baby Taylor arrives!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT weekend and I LOVE your photos. I think you meant to say you are "NOW" and "not" preparing for Caroline to spend time with Gigi and Grandude. We are excited to see here and Kelsey today for a few days. Hooray for grand children and Gigi camp!!!

    ReplyDelete