Sunday, March 4, 2012

Learning

Ran across the following quote this morning and thought about how true it has been for me lately.."You think you’re raising your kids but they’re really raising you."

As I've mentioned before Caroline has been learning hymns.  The Holy Spirit must be using her little heart because twice this week she has used her little voice with the right song for the occassion.

I was rushing around the kitchen trying to get dinner on the table and thinking about the laundry that needed to be done, the house that needed cleaning, stress at work, etc...just a little overwhelmed... and she starts with "This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long."  Blessed Assurance...thank you!

The second time I maybe, might have been just a little frustrated with Mark.  Honestly, I don't even remember what it was about!  However, Caroline pipes up with, "What can wash away my sin?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus."  There was nothing left to do but immediately stop my train of thought and think about my own sinfulness and how I was contributing to the problem (whatever it was!) and pray. 

Truly thankful that Caroline and God are doing a work in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment