Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine's Day!

Whew!  We made it through Valentine's Day again this year.  If you'll allow me to be completely honest I think this is the first year since we have been married that I have not had the slightest bit of frustration with the holiday and nothing was really different this year than any other year!  I've learned to make a big deal out of whatever I want to make a big deal and to let Mark do his thing.  Honestly, I thought I had learned that a few years ago but it's the constant bombardment from family, friends, media that makes me frustrated.  I get tired of answering the question, "What did Mark do for you?"  If you must know, he bought me a box of chocolates and while it's every girls dreams to be swept off her feet, I'm totally fine with a box of chocolates - dark chocolate at that!

Valentine's did take a bit of work this year because another mom and I were in charge of the preschool party.  The parties at school have gotten to be INSANE!!!  Just ask me for some pictures...completely ridiculous, pinterested (made that up) out!  So the other mom and I opted for a few cute, festive items but kept it super simple!!  I'm simply lowering the bar for the Easter party moms.  :-)



Reagan and Reese came over to visit that afternoon and I loved seeing the girls in all their pink and red!!  This is the best picture I could get with all 4.  



Mark arrived home right before dinner and came bearing gifts for the girls.  Caroline has a new monkey that she adores and Libby a new puppy.  They honestly don't have that many stuffed animals yet so it's sweet to see them have an attachment to a special stuffed animal that daddy gave them.


I made Mark's favorite dinner, salmon and bow tie pasta in alfredo sauce and we ate on china in the dining room.  It was a good day.


I admit, the picture below is not from Valentine's day but it shows the love in our home.  I've been playing pandora a lot as I'm in the kitchen cooking.  Mark and I started to dance the other night and Caroline snatched the camera off the counter top and took some pictures before we even knew what was going on.  :-)  Love her and my Markus Alexandria too!





1 comment:

  1. Your home is so full of love. I love that Caroline saw this and took a picture of you two dancing ... too cute!

    ReplyDelete