Wednesday, July 8, 2009

baby world

Today I met my friend Noelle and her son William at North Point mall. We walked and talked and enjoyed smiling at William as he wandered freely through the mall. We had a good time.

I learned more about being a mom today when we visited the mall playground. It was a CRAZY place! It was so interesting to see all of these kids running around and to watch as their moms interacted with them and with other moms. I will just tell one of the crazy stories from play ground time. William is 18 months old so he is a little fellow. He had just taken a very small fall and was picking himself up when an older boy came over, he was maybe 3.5 or 4. The older boy took his arms and wrapped them around William (this is all slow motion for me). I thought he was helping Willliam up or giving him a hug since he fell but the next thing I know his arms are all the way wrapped around him and then he falls backwards, purposefully, to the ground. The little boy body slammed William!!! I think he has been watching a little too much tv!! William just got right up again, like who they heck are you. He wasn't phased at all but all I could think was this is crazy. The little boys Mom came over and kind of fussed at him but let him keep playing. A few minutes later the little boy came over and tried the same move. This time Noelle was fast enough to catch him before the body slam. A few minutes later we saw the boy body slam another little girl. What is wrong with this Mom? I hope I am nothing like her! I also hope Caroline is nothing like her son! I'm not sure how much time we will be spending at the mall play ground!!

No comments:

Post a Comment