Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Like a dream

Last night was a great night for a few reasons. We had a couple of friends from Sunday School visit last night. Katie brought us a yummy spaghetti dinner and her and Adrienne both sat and chatted with us for a few minutes.

After dinner Mark took me on our first date since Caroline was born. Grandma watched her while Mark and I went to the Marietta Square and got some ice cream. Our hour away went by quickly as we chatted and watched a Michael Jackson impersonator on the stage at the square! The other thing that was really neat about being out was I think God planned a little conversation for Mark and I to overhear. We were sitting on a bench and next to us sat an older gentleman. On the bench next to him, sat a younger woman. The older man commented to the younger woman, "Are those your boys playing?" She said yes. He then said, "Doesn't it seem like yesterday that they were born?" Of course, the woman agreed. The strangers then had a sweet conversation about children and how fast they grow up. I enjoyed eaves dropping and it was a good reminder to enjoy these days.

The other reason last night was great was because Caroline was such a good sleeper. I just have to brag a little. I gave her a little snack at 10:30 and then she slept soundly until 1:00 when I fed her again. She then slept all the way until 5:00. I fed her again and then thankfully I was able to pass her off to my Mom. Caroline had decided that 5:00 AM was wake up time. I think mostly I was just thrilled because she slept so peacefully and because when she woke up she smiled and ate really well. I hope for many more nights like last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment