Friday, July 31, 2009

Sleepy nights

A quick story from several nights ago that I just now have time to post. Caroline has had some good sleeping nights and some rough ones. She always sleeps really well on our chests...surprise, surprise. Another surprise...mommy does not sleep well this way! We have only had 2 nights we have used this, when we were so tired and couldn't handle the crying anymore. I know it's not a good habit.

Anyway, she had been sleeping on me for awile and I was done. Mark was sleeping but I woke him up and said, "Do you want to hold her or do you want me to put her in the cradle now?" He said, "I'll take her. Come here baby." He then proceeded to pick up Sophie and put her on his chest!! "Are you kidding me?" is all that I could think to say. I then told him that if he couldn't tell the difference between Sophie and Caroline that he should not be holding her. Thankfully I put Caroline in her bed and she remained peaceful for the first time that night. :-)

I'm sure there will be many more tales, like this one. Lack of sleep is...interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I laughed myself silly reading this one. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete