Thursday, November 19, 2009

Crafty

I have moved on to yet another new crafty, homemaker project. I asked Mark the other day if he thought that I was one of those people that started projects and didn't finish them. I have gone from cooking to knitting to sewing to bread baking and....my new goal... to become the next great smocker. Mark assured me that while I don't stick with a craft for long I always finish the initial project that I started. With a clear conscience I took a smocking class on Wednesday with my neighbors. I learned a couple of stitches and feel hopeful that I can get started on a project in the car on the way to Hilton Head this weekend.

After spending a couple hours learning to smock and then another hour with my neighbor watching over my shoulder and giving me tips I was feeling pretty comfortable. I showed Mark my masterpiece and he asked me to pass it over. I reluctantly handed the pleated piece, thread and needle to him. He took a quick glance and without a word of instruction from me, he duplicated what I had just done. Well, doesn't he know how to make me feel good? :-)

As always, I am truly amazed at my gifted husband and I'm sure I will be thankful when in a couple of days I come crying to him that I have messed up. He will reassure me and teach me how to get back on track all without being taught himself. He's so crafty. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment