Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hilton Head!!!!

So this morning I find myself in Hilton Head, SC. We're growing fond of this touristy little island about 5 and a half hours from home. We're here with Brad and Lindsay and Ma and Vern, and the babies! We have a three-bedroom condo for the week and I've already been able to check a few things of my must-do list: see an alligator and eat ice-cream from this little ice-cream shop in the square. I can't wait for Caroline to tug on my pants leg to tell me what kind she wants. I can't wait until she spots a gator or until she's old enough to paint her own pottery (we did that too).

Thanksgiving is certainly a great week to come down here. The normal summer crowds are gone (we walked right in to the Sea Shack restaurant where we waited outside for 45 minutes in May). We were able to park right in front of the Art Cafe. You can't normally part within a few blocks of the square there.

So while the babies sleep, we read, watch a little TV, or sew (Nicole, not me this time). We'll be back on Saturday and will have a few less things on our minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment