Friday, December 11, 2009

Me the guitarist

I am sitting in seat 7D on my way back to Atlanta via Charlotte. I am listing to a band called Rage Against The Machine (RATM) and more specifically to the lead guitar player named Tom Morello. Tom has a very interesting style. He makes the guitar "talk" and squeal. His sound is very unique and if you're familiar with Tom and with his sound, you can pick it out very easily.

What impresses me is that Tom is identified by what he does and how he does it rather than by his own name or position. You can appreciate Tom's work without knowing who Tom is or without knowing who RATM is.

I want to be like that. I want people to know me by seeing what I do. I want people to see things I do and to think that those are things I would do.

Consistent? Maybe. I want to be someone people know because of how I treat them rather than by the title on my business cards. It would be so wonderful if Caroline saw my fingerprints in what I did for her.

Along that same path, I want people to see Christ through what I do. To see my Father through the fingerprint He's left in my life, or the style of my guitar playing.
-Mark 12-11-09
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment