Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thief!

Thief! Yesterday Mark (who was/is super kind and patient), Caroline and I ventured to the mall. Caroline (who is also super kind and patient) and I had been out running errands earlier in the day but we had a few last minute things to get. As Mark is getting Caroline out of the car, I was getting the stroller out. GASP! Sitting inside the folded head cover (is that what it's called) of the stroller is a brand new shirt that I stole accidently left the store with earlier in the day. I was completely caught off guard and embarrassed. I did share with Mark what I had done - a $50 shirt stolen! Eeeks! Of course, I am going to rectify the situation today. I'm hoping my many blog readers will hold me accountable, even though I don't think that will be needed because my husband is even more honest than me which does not even seem possible and I'm sure he will remind me a trillion times to take it back. :-)

All of this to say, that as I was telling Mark how embarrassed I was I realized this wasn't the first time that had happened in my life the past week! The other day I was shopping at Babies R Us and had Caroline in the car seat inside the cart. I pulled everything out of the cart to check out and then as we were headed to the car I noticed a measly little pair of baby socks that were still in the cart and not in the bag. I was not quite as honest as I should have been that day. I left the socks in the cart outside in the parking lot for someone else to steal! At least I have a clear conscience! The day before that I was shopping at Target. Same scenario: Caroline in the car seat inside the cart. As I was unpacking all my bags into the car I realized there was an entire box of diapers on the underneath of the cart that I did not pay for. I was honest this time and took them back inside and paid for them before leaving. I am tempted to feel bad for my crazy brain not realizing I had done all these things and for stealing! However, I am then reminded that there is a common denominator is all these stories....Caroline!! She is going to be grounded for Christmas - no presents for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment