Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A new understanding

Caroline has been congested for weeks now but she has remained in good spirits. The stubborn cold will just not go away! The past few days a cough has been added to the mix. Fun times! I finally broke down and took her to the doctor. Of course, the doctor said there is really nothing we can do (which is why I never took her in the first place).

At the pediatrician's office there are two rooms. A "well" room and a "sick" room. In all of our previous visits we have been able to be in the well room. Today I was torn. I really didn't want to take my precious sweet baby into the sick room with all those sick kids. She doesn't belong with them. In fact she is better than them, even if she is sick. I even debated about taking her into the breastfeeding room and "feeding" her even though it wasn't time for her to eat. I eventually decided she must go to the sick room with the others. I was a little embarrassed for some reason and a little worried. In my previous visits there was a sense of pride or maybe just relief that I could take her into the well room.

As I was thinking about my silly feelings, I was reminded of the many accounts in Scripture of the "clean" and "unclean." I can only imagine what it must have felt like to be considered "unclean." The embarrassment and the lonliness. I just wanted to offer Caroline some grace by letting her be in the well room or at least the nursing room. :-) How wonderful it is to think of the grace that God offers us. Although we are all unclean, Jesus death on the cross allows us to be seen as clean before God! I'm thankful for God's grace and that I don't have be embarrassed before Him. I'm also thankful and surprised at my new understanding after a few minutes in the doctors office with Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment