Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm Learning (the hard way)

So I've been running for a few months. When I started running with Nicole, I couldn't run a half-mile stretch of road without stopping. I didn't know how to push myself and didn't think I could do it. Nicole taught me how to view pain and discomfort. I found that if I ran through the initial pains I was feeling, that they would go away. I had always feared that if I continued to run, the pain would be exponentially greater and that I should just quit before it got started. I was scared.

So I've learned that I can push myself. I can set a goal and I can accomplish that. The last three runs have been here in Gulfport, MS. I don't know what it is about the runs here, but my lower legs hurt more than they ever have. I'm running less miles (hard to believe I typed that) and am running slower. I don't like this trend. Monday, I ran 48 minutes and felt great. My longest ever. Wednesday, after driving to Gulfport, I struggled to get 35 minutes. I don't understand it. Nicole thinks I need new shoes. I think she may be right (who would turn down new shoes?). I hope I get past this pain soon. I'm excited about where my runs will take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment