Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's about time.

Mark has been out of town since Wednesday and it's now Saturday - yuck!.  I've been working at church a bunch this week, getting the house cleaned, loving our sweet girl and preparing for vacation!!  Thankfully, vacations always seem to come at the most needed times.  I'm ready!

Since Caroline and I had been working so hard this week, I decided to fill Saturday with a little fun.  We needed to get out of the house and enjoy the gorgeous fall weather.  An old friend from Young Life, Les, put together the Marietta Grassroots Music Festival for it's 2nd year.  Mark, Caroline and I all went last year and really enjoyed it so I wanted to go again.  I was thankful that Lindsay and Kelsey tagged along too for some extra company.  The weather was perfect and the music was great.  We really enjoyed our time outside.  By the time we got home, Caroline was exhausted and ready for bed.  I was exhausted too.  It takes everything out of me to be on constant guard for days at a time.  I really don't know how single moms or military families make it work for such long periods of time! We will be thankful when Mark is home safe and sound!

While at the festival Caroline got her face painted for the first time.  She was such a sweetie and sat so still!


The finished product ended up a little blurred but pretty good for her face painting.  Plus, it was done by a little 10 year old girl.  :-)

Kelsey got a "G" on her arm for Georgia.  Her dad was pretty happy when she got home.  He was especially glad since the dawgs won today.

It's about time...time for a Georgia win and time for VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment