Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to Mark!  He turned a whopping 38 in case you were wondering.  We (at least I) had a great day celebrating. 

We started with opening a few presents in the bed.  I didn't have any tissue paper so I used the next best thing...socks to cover up the presents in the bag.  It was a split second decision.  :-) 

Mark was really excited about this present before he even knew what it was.  Thankfully, it did not disappoint.  A new GPS was inside.  I had a little buyers remorse after I got it because he is flying now more than driving.  I'm glad that I did not return it though.  Mark said excitedly, "I didn't think that you would ever buy me present like this!"  I think that transaltes to, "Nicole, step away from the clothing racks and into the world of technology."  What can I say?  I'm trying!


After Mark opened the GPS he calmly told Caroline that it wasn't a toy with which she could play.  She responded with some serious tears!

After present opening we headed to breakfast at our favorite spot, Canvas.   Hello, french toast!  Afterwards, we dropped Caroline off at Lindsay and Brad's and we did some shopping for Mark.  We exchanged some gloves for him at REI and he got fitted for some running shoes at the Big Peach.  I think I have my running partner back!!! 

We picked Caroline up from Brad and Lindsay's and prepared for a quiet afternoon nap but that was not quite how it worked.  Poor Caroline, she has had a runny nose and cough for two weeks, while getting in 4, yes 4 teeth!  She has been happy as can be this whole time...except for the past two days.  She's been a bit more clingy and not sleeping as well and then you add in a little constipation.  YIKES!  She woke up after about 45 minutes crying her eyes out.  We brought her to lay down with us and she was just rolling around the bed in pain.  Sadness!  I began searching for prunes and Mark started some warm bath water.  Poor girl was so hysterical she ended up taking her little blanket in the bath tub with her! 

Mark has become such a great Dad. Sickness, poopy diapers, rights/wrongs that used to hinder him before are no longer a challenge. If a blanket in the tub makes Caroline a bit happier then it's an easy choice. Thankfully, you can see that she perked right up and we've had a little relief tonight. :-)

After Mark's favorite dinner of macaroni and cheese and cornbread (I added some peas so that there would be something nutritious on the plate) we had some cupcakes!  Mark wanted strawberry icing, thus the pink frosting!

For awhile now, we've been telling Caroline that her food is hot and showing her how to blow on it.  Now anytime we say "hot" she starts blowing.  A couple of weeks ago, we were outside together and I commented on how hot it was and she started blowing.  It was so funny!  We encouraged her to blow out the birthday candle tonight and she did pretty good until the end.  
 

The pesky cough got the flame out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment