Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Me... Lately

I've been feeling the need to write lately.  I'll find myself taking a deep breath and trying to collect my thoughts or simply hearing a WWII-era radio show in the soundtrack to my brain.  Things around me are changing and growing (Caroline, other good things) and others are dieing (mostly the leaves).  The weather has made it the perfect setting to wrap up in a blanket and get personal, or contemplative, or both.  Caroline has been both challenging and a wonderful spirit of joy and love and excitement. 

I went to the doctor today to check on my heel "injury".  I ran through what I thought was a blister on the back of my right ankle.  I figured I'd finish the last mile and would look at it when I got home.  When I did, nothing looked wrong.  I haven't run in the last two weeks hoping that the pain would go away, but it hasn't.  I can wear slip-on shoes, which is quite fortunate, because that's what I wear for work, but I can't stand the pain when I lace up my tennis shoes or running shoes.  The X-ray today told the doc that there wasn't a small bone spur on my heel.  He suggested that I had strained my Achilles tendon somehow and that it would take some time (and Ibuprofen) for the tendon to quit hurting.  He said to refrain from running for two more weeks.  I don't like this as I'd become rather proud of how I'd been progressing.  I've learned since about the 10% rule that says that in any given week, don't increase your total mileage more than 10%.  I should have also listened to Nicole when she said that I should run every other day.  I'd been doing 4 miles back to back.  That was dumb.

I hope that I get to spend more time with Nicole before I have to leave again (Saturday to Phoenix till Wednesday).  She's taking me to a suprise place on Friday, and I'm excited. 

I guess that when I try to wrap my mind around all that God has laid out before me, I get dizzy.  I need to be more like Caroline, who simply eats what's in front of her without worrying about what she'll have next.  I need to continue to be a willing participant in God's plan for my life instead of trying to be the director.  I have been blessed beyond what I deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment