Friday, March 4, 2011

Living the Life

I've been thinking the past couple of days (since I've been feeling better) that I'm really "living the life."  :-)  I thought that I should write about it so that when times are a little more challenging that I can remember all of my blessings.

I have been afforded a good bit of "free time" lately...which mostly means I get to be with Caroline.  My only real responsibility (I know it's a big one) these days is to care for her.  We spend our days going to reading time at the library, going to the zoo with friends, playing at little kid gyms, singing together, reading books, swinging and just exploring our little world together.  I never really get bored...maybe a bit lonely...needing some adult conversation...but never bored.


She is tons of fun and makes me smile and laugh everyday.  We get to travel to Augusta to visit with Grinny and Grandude (and see the fish in the picture below), play with Kelsey and Aunt Lindsay and lots of other friends. 


"Living the life", I also have the opportunity to do things that are important to me. Mark is a sweet husband and father and allows me time to be with my friends, get my nails done or just have a bit of time to myself. I went to the gym twice this week! Yipee! I also work just a few hours a week. It's hard to complain! I really am thankful for all of my blessings. My cup runneth over!

Disclaimer:  I will admit that while I'm living the life, the pile of laundry on my bedroom floor is growing and the dust bunnies throughout my house may start hopping they are so big.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy every minute while you can. Caroline is going on two now, where did the time go? Treasure each day and make memories. She may not remember them all but you will and you are shaping her future by your interactions with her today.

    ReplyDelete