Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Zoo

We got a yearly pass to the zoo!  Yipee!  I've been wanting to buy some annual passes to different places (aquarium, children's museum, etc) but this is our first one!  I'm really excited about it.  Mark, Caroline and I all visited the zoo a few weekends ago when the weather turned warm for the first time this year.  We had a great day - although it's a little hard to manage a 19 month old.  She went from stroller to walking to being on Daddy's shoulders...repeat process.  I was definitely thankful for the extra daddy hands!


It was so cute to see her piering through the fences to see all the animals.  I had not been to the zoo in so long and had forgotten how far away they actually keep the animals.  Sometimes I would point and point and then we would move on, still not entirely sure if she saw the monkey in the tree 200 feet away!


The "safari" animals were my favorite because we got the best view of them when they all paraded by us at one point (giraffes, ostrich and zebra).  Oh my!


We're looking forward to many more fun days at the zoo.  We got a pass where we could bring visitors.  If you want to come along, we would love some company!

1 comment: