Sunday, April 10, 2011

1000 Gifts

I am in the third chapter of a book by Ann Voskamp called, "One Thousand Gifts:  A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are."  The book has been really interesting and has gone a lot deeper than I imagined so far.  Of course, you could probably guess that one of the things that book challenges the reader to do is to keep a list of 1000 gifts or a thousand ways that God has shown His love to you.  The author said the list does not have to be "big" things.  I can also do repeats and list Caroline 100 times if I want.  Silly, material things like a new favorite shirt also count.  Ann believes that the act of giving thanks, allows you to experience God's grace in new ways and enables you to live a life of joy.  Sounds good to me.  I'm starting the list on the blog hoping that it will keep me accountable to keeping the list going, although I might not write all 1000 or more on the blog!

1.  Hearing Mark breathe while he sleeps next to me.
2. Working on projects together as a family.


3.  Enjoying the curls, giggles and silliness of sweet Caroline and laughing as she won't take that necklace off!  She even wore it to church this morning! 


4.  Watching Caroline and Mark play on the swing set that he built for her.


5. Watching Caroline go down the slide by herself.


6. An air conditioner that is limping along.

7. Sunshine with a nice breeze.

8.  Spending time with family!  They invited us over to cook out and eat popsicles. 


9.  A blog to keep up with our little life...it's been so fun to go back and look at pictures!

10.  A baby that is having quite the party in my belly right now.

Whew...I've got a long way to go!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! What a great thing to do! Helps you think of the little things in life that we often take for granted. Would love to borrow that book when you're done.

    ReplyDelete