Saturday, April 9, 2011

Opening Night!

For years now I have wanted to go to opening day/night of the Braves season but have just never had the opportunity.  This year I marked it on my calendar and as the date neared I started making plans.  Those that know us well, know that we are not the best planners!  We are great at planning things when other people are involved but, if it's something for just Mark and I to enjoy we normally wait around too long and miss out.  I was pumped that I had scheduled a babysitter two weeks early!  Now to get the tickets...I wanted the ultra cheap seats...the game looks the same to me from most anywhere in the stadium, plus parking, food, babysitting all add up quickly!  We looked for tickets two weeks before the game and the cheap seats were sold out.  We waited another day to make a decision about what to do next and the whole game was sold out!!  I was so bummed but started checking stubhub everyday.  I saw the prices go up, up, up and we waited, waited, waited.  To make a long story short, the tickets went down in price and we bought tickets at 5:15 Friday night before the game.  Yipee!! 

I was so excited on the way down there!  However, we got to the stadium and all of the parking lots were full of tailgaters!  We sat in traffic for a good 45 minutes passing a few open parking lots that wanted $30 to park!  One guy even told us he wanted $50!  No, thank you.  We eventually headed back towards the way we came in and one of the permit parking lots had been opened up to non-permit holders and they charged us $12.  My smile may have diminished for a few minutes but our persistence finally paid off with a cheap parking spot right across the street from the stadium entrance.

Once inside it was all worth it!!  Mark asked me if the great baseball players or the atmosphere made the night so fun.  It's a combination!  The  music, the crowds, the cheering, the great hits and catches.  There is nothing better than watching someone hit a double, knock in three runs and then watch as the sold out crowd jumps to their feet and does the tomahawk chop!  It was a fantastic game and we won 6-3!  Go Braves!


No comments:

Post a Comment