Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend!

We've had a weekend full of family fun!  I can't remember what we did Friday night but the rest of the weekend is documented in pictures! 

Saturday morning we had breakfast in bed...


and Caroline helped us celebrate our 6th anniversary!  Eeks we are getting old!


We then headed off to the zoo.  Thankfully, the sun hid behind the clouds for most of the morning and we enjoyed a quiet stroll around the zoo.


We came home for naptime and then headed over to Lindsay and Brad's for a dip in the pool.  Caroline is LOVING Kelsey these days.  Every time we get in the car, "Kelsey? Kelsey?" and the past couple of days, "Water? Water?" has been added to the list.  I think we may be spending a lot of time at the pool!


Sunday morning we went to church.  Lindsay and Brad watched Caroline Sunday evening so that Mark and I could have a date night.  We had some good conversation about where we are and where we should be going.  Mark and I approach life very differently at times - I'm a planner and Mark is work your hardest and lets see what happens person.  It can make for interesting conversations about where we think God is leading our family!

Monday morning we did a bit of housework and then took Caroline to Monkey Joe's.  She is a teeny bit too young but I think she stil enjoyed her time there.  Mark climbed through many of the jump houses with her which made her happy (and Mark too)!



Monday afternoon it was back to Lindsay and Brad's for a Memorial Day celebration with friends from Sunday School.  One of our friends asked, "So what do we do to celebrate Memorial Day?"  Of course, there were lots of silly answers - eat burgers and wear red, white and blue were high on the list.  The question certainly made me think though.   






Apparently, someone or some people who shall remain nameless borrowed my camera and enjoyed taking a few pictures.  Eli's silly face was the most tame of them all.  :-)  We had a great time with our friends!

I was very thankful for our weekend together as a family.  It included lots of time like this...


I couldn't ask for much more!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your pictures, but sometime Mark needs to take a picture of Momma carrying baby #2 and post it before he/she arrives for documentation. Just a suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Cindy, I saw Baby #2 yesterday and he/she (and the mama) are just as cute as can be!!!

    Nicole, I'm sorry your camera got "borrowed", but the picture of my boy is adorable :).

    ReplyDelete