Monday, May 16, 2011

Vacation Day 3

We've had  a great couple of days in Charleston.  I will admit that after our first day here I wasn't really that impressed.  We did a lot of driving around, visited a couple of places that people recommended and it just wasn't what I thought it would be.  However, yesterday we took a carriage tour and it was everything that I had hoped it would be.  The churches, homes and gardens were beautiful.  I loved hearing all of the history.  Today we went back and walked around a bit more looking at the old houses.  I told Mark that it's hard for me to believe that real people live in those houses.  I think of the people in the homes as some kind of characters in a Disney movie! 

We ate lunch at Hyman's yesterday and then came back to the hotel and hung out for the rest of the evening, spending some time at the pool and in the hot tub.  We watched a movie and went to bed early.  Today we spent a couple of hours at the beach, came back and showered and then had a late lunch at 82 Queen.  The atmosphere at the restaurant was the best that we had visited so far!  The food was good too.  Mark especially enjoyed the mac and cheese until he found it that it had both sour cream and cream cheese in it.  :-)  




I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed spending some quiet time with Mark away from the normal routines of our life.  However, I was telling Mark I think that at this point in my life I don't need as much down time to recharge from being a parent.  I definitely need time away and enjoy time free from the responsibility of parenting but I think 2/3 days is plenty.  :-)  I keep wishing that Caroline was here to play on the beach with us and swim with us in the pool.   Mark and I will be in conversation or looking at something and then pull out a Caroline saying.  We're both in love with her and can't wait to see her soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment