Friday, May 6, 2011

Shirtless

We've had a lot of fun lately which has required a naked Caroline top half.  This past week we made salt dough. She was wearing clothes until I decided that we should color the dough and took her little shirt off


We also had little snack of chocolate covered strawberries the other day.  She loved them!




We've also done a few things where shirts were required.  We went to the zoo twice this past week.  Both times Caroline looked like this...


She can be such an intense little one, checking out everything around her.  Kesley went with us one day and she is the complete opposite of Caroline.  She ran around the petting zoo wanting to touch everything!


The zoo has a "new" baby panda bear.  It's so cute! 


The funny thing is that everything is a "baby" to Caroline these days.  She points to my belly and says baby which is awesome, until she points to an 80 year old man and says the same thing.  One of the funniest things is that she babbles a lot.  She will be just talking away and I won't understand a word she is saying and then all of a sudden there is "baby" thrown in there! 

One morning this week I watched Kelsey for a couple of hours.  After breakfast we were hanging out in the kitchen and she got into the "baby" friendly cabinet. 


The picture above makes me smile though because it reminds me of this picture below from almost a year ago.  This time she stacked the lids with the containers while last time it was just a mess!


This age is just so much fun.  They are learning so much everyday and I love to see their little brains work.  This is my conversation with Caroline when I went to get her after her nap this afternoon...

Me:  Hi sweetie
Caroline:  Daddy?
Me:  He's not here right now.
Caroline:  Work?
Me:  Yes, he's at work.
Caroline:  Saw?
Me:  Yes, he's working on the saw.

She has really just learned the words "work" and "saw" in the past couple of weeks and to hear her put it all together without any hints from me was so sweet.  She loves her daddy!  I love that we are a step ahead of the game since she knows her daddy loves saws.  One of Mark's favorite hobbies (building furniture with saws) happens to coincide with his real job (selling saw blades).  I look forward to having some pictures on the blog soon of Caroline's new "big girl bed" built by Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment