Tuesday, January 3, 2012

God's Love

The young adults led our service at church on New Years Day.  The sermon was on God's unfailing love for us and some of the most familiar verses were used (John 3:16).  However, the sermon was presented in a way I had never heard before.  Whenever I hear of God's love, I hear "God loves you so much that he sent Jesus."  God loves me so much that he sent Jesus.  True, true!  But here's the new part ...God wanted me!  As a parent, would I choose to have children knowing that they would disobey me and thus experience death?  It's a little sad/scary thinking about that answer now because of the love that I feel now for my children.  My immediate answer is no way! 

Crazy side thought...I often lay in bed at night and have visions of the girls being hurt in some way...hit by a car or something.  They are the most terrible thoughts.  I find myself praying that God will take away those thoughts or images because it is more than I think I could ever bear.  I can't imagine the pain of losing a child.

It's hard for me to imagine that God still wanted me even knowing that we would disobey and experience death due to our choosing ourselves.  In grateful awe of the pain that God was willing to endure so that we could be in relationship with Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment