Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rookie Mistake

I've made a rookie mistake with Libby.  Is she not my second child?!?  Poor girl (or poor mama depending on your perspective) does not take a bottle.  She only has love for me.  We have tried on and off over the past 5 months but have failed most every time.  The last few weeks I have told myself that this is going to happen.  I've got to be able to have a break at some point before she turns a year old!  Tonight we decided to try again and we took some extreme and sweet measures that enabled success!

Mark thought it would be best if he wore the sweater I had been wearing so he smelled like me!  I think they are both adorable!



















Our second piece of the recipe that made success...Caroline's first prayer.  :-)  Libby was boohooing as Mark started to feed her.  As I was running around grabbing stuff to help Caroline get to bed, I asked her to pray for Libby and she actually did it!  Her sweet little prayer..."Dear God, Thank you for Libby.  Help her to feel better.  I love her. Amen."  My heart turned to mush and God's must have too because Libby stopped crying and took the bottle!  Thank you Jesus!

New mamas (and second timers too) don't make the rookie mistake. Give your baby a bottle.  Your husband, your babysitters, even your baby will thank you.  You will most definitely thank yourself.  Here's to another try with the bottle tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. Mark is cracking me up in your sweater! What a sweet Daddy!

    ReplyDelete