Monday, February 27, 2012

6 months old...

and maybe a few days.  :-)  I took Libby to the doctor for her 6 month check up and she is doing great.  She is now only the in the 75% for weight at 16.5 lbs but still in the 90% for height at 26 1/2 inches (I think that is right).  The past two months have been very good for her.  She has started sleeping through the night.  She sleeps 7:30 -6:30/7:00.  She is on a good napping schedule too.  Thankfully, she naps at the same time as Caroline every afternoon so I have a bit of a break.  She has also started eating baby food.  The first few weeks of eating were not so great.  I have never met a baby who cried and fussed so much about food.  She is finally getting the hang of it but she certainly has her good and bad days with the food.  A mess is sure to be made whether or not she wants to eat.  I have resorted to stripping her down during meal times.  :-)


The greatest change is that she can sit really well.  If I plop her down with some toys she can stay content for quite awhile.  She is a lot different than Caroline though.  I can't go too far away from her because she doesn't just sit...she's a mover.  She loves to roll and scootch all over the place.  I will often find her stuck underneath a chair or under Caroline's bed!  She is still such a sweet pea.  She is happy as can be...unless she is tired and then all you have to do it hold her to make things better.  We're very thankful for the joy and smiles that she brings to us!

1 comment:

  1. I nicknamed "sweetness" the day she was born and lives up to that name to this day. What a delight she is!!! So happy and joyful ... I LOVE my Libby.

    ReplyDelete