Friday, February 10, 2012

DNOW 4.1

This is our 4th year hosting DNOW at our home.  People often say I don't know how you do that or I would not want to do that.  It seems so easy to me to be around youth.  I just forget that it can be intimidating or hard for others.  Mark and I have both been blessed with 8-10 years a piece of experience in youth ministry but we are far from experts.  The students have taught us way more than we could ever teach them.  We just both enjoy the silly choas and questioning hearts of youth.

Our 6th grade boys came in sweet as could be tonight and quickly made themselves at home throwing around a ball. I fully expected that they would be kind to Caroline but I was not expecting Caroline to jump right in to play with them and she did!

Here they are trying to teach her how to catch...



The theme for the weekend is "Who do YOU say that I am?" 


Mark and I came up with a few different thoughts but we are looking forward to their responses at the end of the weekend.


Although Mark and I enjoy the kids a bunch, hosting has been made much easier because we've had some super help!  Several folks from Sunday School have lent tables and chairs, brought food over, are helping serve meals and driving the students back and forth to church.  I even had some little hands helping me make a pizza ring tonight.  :-)


We're looking forward to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment