Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines

Last year I felt like the worst Mom ever on Valentines day.  I was determined not to let that happen this year!  We had to start early to make sure that didn't happen.  Of course we got our Valentine idea from Pinterest.  We made these little cards with her fingerprints and then attached them to a bag of teddy grahams with a ribbon.  They were pretty cute.


On Monday we took a bunch of Valetine's treats to work at the church/daycare.  Caroline was pretty excited to pass out all of her goodies!


Valentine's morning Mark surprised all of his girls with flowers.  :-)  I have a friend who says that every time she visits her Dad she feels like a princess!  It really is a dream of mine that Mark makes Caroline and Libby feel the same way...valued, loved and worth some extra time, attention and devotion! 


I made heart shaped pink pancakes for breakfast...although they looked a little more like Mickey Mouse heads.  I'll have to work on that for next year.



Libby and I then got to attend a little Valentine's party at Caroline's school.  Those parties are really disasters...who came up with that idea?!?  I seriously can't imagine that any kid or parent enjoys it!  Half the kids were screaming their heads off because their schedule was different and the parents all stand around the edge of the room staring at the kids as they eat cookies.  What fun is that!  I'm not complaining about the preschool (we really like it there)...I imagine all the preschool parties are pretty similar!  You can tell from the picture I actually sat on the floor for a bit next to Caroline before I started feeling like a goon and moved over to the wall to stand like the rest of the parents.  Peer pressure!  :-/


Mark is in town so I have some extra time and I decided to make this a week of new recipes.  Brussel sprouts anyone!?  In my defense Mark enjoyed Mondays dinner.  Tuesdays will probably not be repeated...good thing I still have 5 more days of new recipes to try!  Although the dinner was not that exciting, the decorations made up for it! 



Caroline was also pretty pumped to open her Valentine's after dinner.  She got 2 new books and a princess card.  Oh the excitement on her face as she opened her princess card!!  The smile alone was worth celebrating Valentines day with a little more gusto this year!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are such good parents Nicole & Mark. Doing little things like making hand made cards and goodie bags teaches the girls to be kind and love one another just like Jesus. And the fact that Mark bought the girls flowers too, that is just precious. He not only is treating you special, he is thinking of his sweet girls too and honoring them. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete