Sunday, May 20, 2012

First Year Down

and many more to go!  Caroline just finished her first year of preschool. She always seemed to enjoy going to school and for that I was very grateful.  We loved her two teachers.  They were both very low key and sweet which is just what Caroline needed. 



 
I also know that they thought a lot of her because they were very protective of my sweet girl!  One of the last days of school was "water day."  As soon as the I arrived one of her teachers walked up to me and said, "Caroline uses a lot of words.  Please tell me what she told you about Ms. Sarah* (names changed to protect the guilty)."  I knew exactly what she was talking about so I reported back to her what Caroline said.  "Ms. Sarah said no spin on the swings.  I cry and cry and want my mommy.  My mommy come soon.  No spin on swings at school, only at home."  Her teacher confirmed the story and then said, "I was so upset that Ms. Sarah said that to her.  She was not being bad at all.  The next day I watched Ms. Sarah to make sure she didn't say anything to hurt Caroline!"  The story made me giggle but I was glad to know that her teacher felt so protective of her.  :-)

After that story it didn't surprise me at all to walk into water day and find Miss Caroline the only one on the swing with all the water activity, parents and children in another area.   


Thankfully I was able to drag her away for a bit to paint...

and enjoy some other water fun!


We were very thankful for our little preschool and look forward to going back in the fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment