Monday, June 14, 2010

God's Greatest Gift

So last night while I was packing to go to New England, Nicole was feeding Caroline and putting her to bed. Caroline didn't want to go to bed just then and she fussed for several minutes. I decided to go check on her and to try to rock her to sleep.
One of the greatest things God has ever given me is what happened in the next few minutes. As I picked her up, she practically fell onto my shoulder. She turned her head and laid it on me as if to say thanks. God allowed me to comfort the person I love more than anyone else in the world besides my wife. We often wish it could be as easy as it was for me last night. The truth is that I needed this boost. I've been a sluggish mess of a man this weekend and didn't feel great all day. It was sort of like God using Caroline to give me a hug last night.
I am the luckiest guy in the world!!
-Mark
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. How precious, Mark! It's amazing how that little tiny bit of a person can completely melt you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete