Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Supermom

The other day my friend Kelly wrote this blog about the occasional feeling of being a supermom. I have to admit that I sometimes get that feeling too. Yesterday was one of those days. I succeeded in getting Caroline, myself and Sophie all packed up and out the door to make our way to Augusta.

My supermom abilities kicked in when I realized that we were going to have to stop for lunch. There was no way that Caroline was going to make it the whole way without getting a little something in her belly. Sadly, we couldn't eat anywhere real healthy because we had Sophie in the car (non-supermomish). There was not even a Chick-fil-a in sight.



I got Caroline out and we headed inside to order. I had to use the restroom badly so I hold Caroline in one arm and do the restroom thing with the other arm. Supermom, right? I then ordered our food and took it outside. After several trips back and forth to the car, wrangling Caroline and Sophie, grabbing a blanket, dog leash, food and baby stuff we had a picturesque picnic.


Caroline was happy to be able to move around. Sophie was happy to have a drink and be out of the hot car. It was lovely. The bad part was that I really did sit with Caroline and eat lunch thinking, "I am supermom."

I then had some thoughts that brought me back to reality. This whole situation would have been a piece of cake without Sophie. We could have just eaten lunch inside. Also, I was especially proud of the restroom stop until I realized that Mom's have to do that all the time. The whole restroom thing with a little one that is no longer in a baby carrier and doesn't stand yet is a challenge. Any suggestions? :-)

I think I will keep working on my supermom talents.

2 comments:

  1. Um, the whole bathroom thing – that's pretty amazing! you definitely are supermom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until they turn 2! "Supermom-ness" is thrown out the window and you go into survival mode :). The restroom thing also gets a lot more comical when they start talking and giving all the other restroom patrons a play-by-play on what Mommy is doing!

    ReplyDelete