Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baby Steps

Technology is great!  It's crazy to think that Caroline will grow up thinking it's normal to talk with her grandparents who live half way across the country.  She even gets to "kiss" them on a regular basis. 

This week, the technology came in really handy.  Let me preface this by saying I know my daughter very well!  Tuesday morning I took Caroline to a consignment store to sell some clothes.  While we were there, she kept pushing off of me and wanting down.  She walked around the store, holding my hand, just beaming and squealing to anyone who would listen.  On the way home I called my Mom and said, "Don't remind me of this, if I'm wrong, but...I think Caroline is going to walk soon."  Have I ruined the story already? 

Tuesday night Caroline and I got on Skype with Mark.  He was in Richmond, Virginia for work.  Caroline was standing on her own, with a sippy cup in hand, when all of a sudden she walked her little self right up to the computer screen to give Mark a kiss.  It happened so quickly I almost didn't believe it.  I propped her right back up where she was and she did it two more times.  She is such a funny girl because she never realized that she did it.  She was so focused on Mark and holding the cup that it didn't even phase her.  I think it's going to be several more days/weeks before she is really walking but it was a good start.  She did not take any steps today but she rocked back and forth and stood by herself.  Soon...

Everyone keeps saying that I should be glad that she is not walking yet but I'm ready!!  She is big enough, old enough and there isn't much that she doesn't already get into.  I'm excited about the new adventures ahead.  Mark is now home so we will be practicing her walking the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment