Saturday, September 4, 2010

Go Panthers!

Last night Mark was gracious enough to take me to the first ever football game at Georgia State University!  I am a proud of alumni of Georgia State.  I really enjoyed going to school in the "concrete jungle."  The student population was very diverse and of course the surrounding city is as well.  I learned quickly how to navigate MARTA and where I could walk by myself.  More importantly I had my mind opened beyond the white suburban community where I grew up.  I also made some great friends.  However, it often feels there is not much to brag about since everyone in the south cares about football and without a team there was not much to say.  Thankfully, that is no longer the case. 

There was a ton of energy and excitement when we entered the Georgia Dome last night.  Everyone was decked out in their royal blue (except us). I couldn't believe how many folks had Georgia State shirts on!  The articles I read in the newspaper said the school was hoping for 20,000 in attendance but there were over 30,000 people present!  The Braves played the Mets last night and there were more fans at the GSU game!  I'm sure it's the only time that will happen but it's still a fun fact!  The music, the fans and the football were all great.  Of course, it was only their first game and it was only agaisnt a Division I team but we were glad to get our very first win, 41-7! 

Not having been to very many college football games, I was impressed with the "GSU" pretzels!


Of course, my camera battery died right after this silly picture but at least we have proof that we were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment