Sunday, February 15, 2009

Different Strokes for different folks

This is one thing that I have learned throughout my life but there are certainly times when it is more evident than others. Mark and I started our morning off at Sunday School discussing with the class how we should handle an upcoming event. Everyone had varying ideas and opinions and we came to somewhat of a conclusion. It's always good to hear every one's thoughts and ideas, the hard part is being the one to make a final decision. However, two funny things happened today that made me laugh at how "different" we all really are in this crazy life.

At the end of Sunday School the whole class stands up and we all hold hands and pray. Today, I was on Mark's left and then our friend Ki was on his right. As we grab hands, I hear Ki say to Mark, "Do you hold every one's hand that way?" Everyone kind of turns and looks and I immediately know what has just happened. Mark and I have our own special way of holding hands. It wasn't intentional. It just happened that one time I wrapped my pinky through some of his fingers (this is hard to explain!) and we both liked it so now we always hold hands that way. Mark had inadvertently held hands with Ki the same way. It was just soo funny at the time-I don't think it translates well in blog format! The whole class got a giggle out of it. We never thought it was weird or different, until someone else pointed it out!

After Sunday School, we were bad kids and skipped out on church. We had packed our clothes and lunches ahead of time and had decided to take a bike ride on the Silver Comet Trail. I know that I will not be riding for much longer and it's so hard to resist not taking a bike ride in the warmer weather. We rode about 9 miles and decided to stop on a bench and eat our lunch. While eating, we heard a lot of conversation and commotion through some bare trees and into a backyard that was in front of us. I looked up a few times but never saw anyone until the magical moment when we saw two guys dressed in capes and body armor, having sword fights!! It was the craziest thing ever! I just giggled and giggled. Thankfully, they were a good distance away and Mark didn't have to tell me to quit giggling!

Different strokes for different folks...

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Your bike ride was pretty interesting, huh? John and I are laughing out loud about the capes and armour :).

    ReplyDelete